Portable Mold Chillers
Need a quality plastic injection molding chiller yesterday?
If you’re worried about your chiller breaking down and costing you money for lost production and costly repairs, our chillers are the answer you’re looking for. Finding a reliable chiller for your injection molding process is difficult when there are so many low cost imported chillers overflowing the market. While it is tempting to think that you are saving money, a low price is often a compromise on reliability and quality. A low cost chiller might appear to be cheaper, prettier to look at, with a nice outer shell or cover, but most are not built to last, are unreliable, easily damaged, and hard to fix. Don’t settle for less than the best. If you’re looking for a quality designed chiller that is durable, reliable, easy to install and service, then you’ve come to the right place.
|Air Cooled Specifications|
|Mini-Mizer Air Cooled Chillers|
|Maxi-Mizer Air Cooled Chillers|
What Makes Our Mold Chillers Better?
Because of their superior engineering and design, which is supported by the most comprehensive warranty there is (2 years on parts and 5 years on compressor parts), our molding chillers are built to last. Unlike so many chillers that could sit undetected in your living room, our chillers are made for industrial duty under industrial conditions. Fancy shells and covers are easily damaged and prone to rust. Built with components that can be found at your local refrigeration and electric wholesalers, our plastic injection mold chillers are also much easier to fix than a chiller built using offshore components. With a stainless steel frame, pump and tank, our chillers are easier to service than chillers with fiberglass or plastic tanks that crack. And unlike our competitors who save money putting the cooling coil, or the evaporator, in the tank, or the evaporator in the tank, our chillers provide easy access to these components.
As our signature product, chillers for injection molding are what we do the best. Our design not only makes them extremely easy to inspect, maintain and repair, they are easily the most energy efficient and long lasting chillers on the market. The secret is an ingenuously designed and oversized condenser and stainless steel brazed plate evaporator. Not only does this mean a much longer lasting compressor, but a much more efficient one. Add a hot gas by-pass, a water flow switch, a freeze thermostat, non-rusting water piping, and you have the perfect fit for anyone who has to worry about cooling reliability and cost effectiveness. All our models can be delivered immediately from stock or 2 to 4 weeks if not in stock.
A low cost chiller often leaves out certain components that protect the chiller from breaking down and costing you time and a lot of money.. We include the following components to make sure your chiller is trouble free and long lasting.
1. Oversized Condenser – using an undersized condenser may save you some money, but is very hard on the compressor. Our oversized condensers not only make for a long lasting compressor, they are designed to operate in extreme conditions, i.e., above 115° F plant temperature and as low as -20° F ambient temperature. It is rare for a chiller to have a condenser that can operate at this ambient temperature.
2. Oversized Evaporator – our oversized evaporator is designed to operate with glycol solutions as low as -45° F, or at any temperature in between.
3. Properly Selected Compressor – our compressor matches the condenser/evaporator for the highest efficiency and lowest consumption of energy.
4. Pumps – we offer a pump that is designed to operate in high ambient temperatures as well as pumping low temperature solutions, i.e., – 45° F.
5. Stainless Steel Components – our chillers are 100% stainless steel. This includes the tank as well as the pump and frame. Some manufacturers will say that their chiller is 100% stainless steel and forget to tell you that the tank is plastic or fiberglass.
6. Liquid line solenoid – if your chiller is going to be used under extreme conditions, you should think about getting this device since it protects the compressor from migrating refrigerant.
7. Filter Dryer – this component protects your compressor from debris and other forms of contamination in the refrigeration system.
8. Hot Gas By-Pass with Shut Off Valve – this feature reduces the capacity of the chiller by approximately 60% which prevents the compressor from short cycling.
9. Crank Compressor and Heater – this component protects the compressor by boiling the refrigerant out.
10. Freeze Thermostat – this protects the evaporator from freezing in extremely cold temperatures.
11. Water Flow Switch – get this if your chiller is located in extremely cold temperatures. It protects the evaporator from freezing.
12. Evaporator Water Inlet Strainer – since most industrial environments are extremely dirty and dusty, this feature will protect the evaporator from dirt and debris in the water piping.
13. Non-Rusting Water Piping – our pipe can be plastic or stainless steel with galvanized steel fittings.
14. Approvals: Chiller Control Panels are ESA and CSA approved.
Though specifically designed with Injection Molding in mind, these chillers are ideally suited for all plant environments. For more details, click the chiller you want to quote and print the page. Please note: all prices are in US dollars.